Friday, March 28, 2008

Trials

Do you ever wonder why? We have had so many trials these past couple of weeks that Brett and I have been constantly wondering "why". It started first with a payroll mess up that cost us a pretty hefty amount on his paycheck two weeks ago. Okay, a small bump in the road. The next Friday he had a blow-out on the freeway and we ended up needing 4 new tires on his car because he lives in his car during the day. Another little hiccup you say. Fast forward to Wednesday night. Brett worked his butt off for deadline at work bringing in three new accounts and when he left work that night someone had broken into his car, broke the back window and stole his I-pod, FM Modulator and all his CD's. By now I am down on my knees. Well to top it all off. There was another payroll glitch that we thought was fixed and we are back to square one again with a smaller than expected paycheck. I know it may seem like I am rambling on about things we have no control over but all I have to say right now is "WHY?".

1 comment:

JeepGirl said...

So, the ever-popular question "why"... "When you blogged this little bit were you really expecting a reply?" is what I wonder while I'm reading and enjoying the newest photos. I can tell you that I think things like your latest little streak of bad luck is just that - a phase, a streak, a pain in the $%@, yes, but nevertheless simply a passing fancy that will (eventually) pass. Our similar streak lasted approx 3 years with both of us in jobs we didn't particularly love making crap money and not living the lifestyle dream we had come to know and expect while adjusting to all the newness of being parents. But, it did pass and we are stronger together because of it and appreciate life more after going through it. We've evolved to let things roll off our backs that we would previously stress and obsess about and figured out what really is important to our lives together. And, we've become more in tune with the needs of others. Many people were "there" when we needed them during our little streak and now we're doing our best to pay that back to the universe now that we are a bit more comfortable in our lives. Just remember as you are evolving through this phase that once you are out, it will be someone else's turn to go through it and offer advice and whatever you can to ease the craziness for others. In retrospect it actually makes going through it that much better....