Summer has officially come to our house and I had to lay down some rules. The kids are only allowed one hour of TV and one hour of video games per day at our house for the summertime and they can only play in the morning after they have done their 20 minutes of reading for the day. I know they didn't think that sounded very fair but I didn't want their brains turning to mush in the 3 1/2 weeks they have off of school. This has also caused them to use their imagination. Trevin started out by asking for some paper and some boxes. He then informed me that he was going to sell drawings of Pokemon. I though this was a great idea and set out to help him set up. He did most of the work himself, we just supplied him with the boxes. After they had spent some time outside McKade wanted to know if he could sell Lemonade so I got him all set up with that. They were a little disappointed that they only had two customers-one of which was Brynlee with her piggie bank in hand. I let them know that it's a rocky economy and that selling is a tough job. I think they just had a glimpse of the day in the life of their daddy!!!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
My Little Entrepreneurs
Summer has officially come to our house and I had to lay down some rules. The kids are only allowed one hour of TV and one hour of video games per day at our house for the summertime and they can only play in the morning after they have done their 20 minutes of reading for the day. I know they didn't think that sounded very fair but I didn't want their brains turning to mush in the 3 1/2 weeks they have off of school. This has also caused them to use their imagination. Trevin started out by asking for some paper and some boxes. He then informed me that he was going to sell drawings of Pokemon. I though this was a great idea and set out to help him set up. He did most of the work himself, we just supplied him with the boxes. After they had spent some time outside McKade wanted to know if he could sell Lemonade so I got him all set up with that. They were a little disappointed that they only had two customers-one of which was Brynlee with her piggie bank in hand. I let them know that it's a rocky economy and that selling is a tough job. I think they just had a glimpse of the day in the life of their daddy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment