Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pinewood Derby





Our Scouts had their annual Pinewood Derby tonight and this was Trevin's 1st opportunity to participate. I don't think he was exactly sure what to expect. He wasn't all that interested in helping Brett make the car. I think Brett had more fun than Trevin did with that part. We had to weigh our cars in on Monday night and ours was too heavy by .5 oz. We removed the weight but ended up having to drill about 6 or 7 holes in the bottom to get it down to the right weight. I guess that because of the bad experience last year we almost didn't get to have a race this year. They brought someone in who had a computerized track so there was really no way to contest any of the races. Trevin's car ended up in 4th place out of 21 cars and he was in 7th heaven. I am sure that next year he will take a bigger interest in helping Brett with the car.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Love, love the Pinewood Derby. I miss being a scout leader. Only three more years to go for me though.