Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Brynlee's Thoughts
Do you ever wonder what kinds of things go through a 4 year olds head? Today Brynlee gave me a little glimpse. Normally if she knows I can hear her she won't keep talking but today for some reason she did. She grabbed her scriptures while I was in the bathroom drying my hair and said to Harlee "come here". She asked Harlee if she wanted to see a picture of Jesus. You know Jesus that was baptized in the River Jordan. As I was getting dressed she asked me how Jesus died. I explained to her that the bad men hung him on a cross with nails in his hands and feet and that was how he died. While I was back in the bathroom finished up the beautification process I heard her talking to herself. Acutally I think she was talking to Jesus. She said, "I am sorry you had to die and I wish that I could see you so that you could know my name. I wish that you could come to our house." I was almost in tears. I couldn't believe my four year old could be so wise. Especially this four year old who has perfected the art of whining. It was almost like Jesus was sitting next to her and she was having a conversation with her best friend. I love this little girl and I am so thankful for her sweet spirit. Since listening to President Monson's talk about "Finding Joy in the Journey" I have tried a little harder to stop and listen. Maybe today was the day that I had something to learn.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sweet! They can be so angelic and so devilish one minute later. But it is all about the journey.
Post a Comment