Sunday, May 9, 2010

May's Happenings


I just realized that it's the 10th of May and I have yet to post for the month. Let's just say that life's activities have been ever consuming. Between baseball, dance, homework and me working things have been so crazy around here. We spent last week freezing our tushes off at the baseball field two nights in a row. We had to dig out the turtlenecks and pull the coats back out of the closets to watch a baseball game in May. Even with the gloves and the quilts we were still freezing. School is winding down for the year and I can't even tell you how much I am looking forward to a break from the homework every night. Brynlee and I are heading out this weekend to Spanish Fork for another dance competition and then we have Regionals next weekend and then on to National's from there. Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day. I was able to do some shopping on Saturday afternoon and Brett and the kids surprised me with flowers and a gift certificate for a pedicure that I get to enjoy on Friday afternoon before our girl's weekend in Spanish Fork. The kids brought me breakfast in bed and then we spent the afternoon at the Park enjoying some gorgeous weather-finally. Don't worry though-the nice weather was short lived because it rained all day today and it's expected to rain all day tomorrow too. We topped the evening off with dinner with Brett's family. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom. I have some pretty amazing kids who are very smart, talented and fun. Happy Mother's Day to all those moms out there!

1 comment:

Michele Michaels said...

Oh if only the weather would get nice...these game seasons are going to go on forever with all the rain outs and such. It's killing me. It sounds like you had a fabulous Mother's Day. I am so glad, days like that remind us of why we fight the "mom battle" daily. You're a great mom and I am glad to have you back in my life. :o)