Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside



Having the kids off track in the winter time is a parents worst nightmare. I have been trying to come up with different but fun things for us to do that don't cost a lot of money. We had plans to go to McDonald's for lunch with Kelly, Tyson and Triston but Kelly wasn't feeling well so the plans changed a little bit. I didn't feel like making lunch but wanted to spice things up a little bit. When I picked up Bryn from school I decided to stop and grab McDonald's for lunch and take it home. I surprised the kids by setting up a picnic downstairs. It's too cold to do it outside but we most certainly can do it inside. I even turned the fireplace on-mostly because I was cold. The kids thought this was the coolest thing. They never get to eat downstairs and especially not on the floor. The smiles on their little faces was pretty much all that I could ask for. It's going to be a long 4 weeks but I am trying to make the best of it.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

You're a cute mom, Amber!