Friday, June 12, 2009

Brynlee


I know, I know, the last post was about her too. Since I pretty much use my blog as a journal and a scrapbook I have to post these cute things when they happen or I will forget about them. We have these little books that are pretty much a paper folded into four squares and then folded like a book. They consist of a lot of sight words and some really simple, easy to sound out words. These were the books we used when McKade was learning how to read. I got them out a few months ago but Brynlee was really disinterested so I put them away and we have't looked at them since. Last night Brynlee pulled them off of the bookshelf and said, "Tomorrow I want you to teach me how to read." Sure enough, we read those books 6 or 7 times today. There are about 10 books. By tonight, she had memorized almost every sight word in them. She was so proud of herself and couldn't wait to show whoever walked by. She kept telling Trevin and McKade in her matter of fact voice, "I know how to read." When you're the little sister, little things like that matter a lot. I will never forget the smile on her face after we finish each book. If we keep working at it I might actually have a little girl that knows how to read before she starts Kindergarten in August.

No comments: