Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Dilemma


Here is my dilemma. I have a 2 1/2 year old who shows signs of being ready to potty train but me, the mom, has no desire to do so. It's so much easier to carry a diaper bag around and change her laying on the floor in the car than to have to run to the ever so disgusting public restroom every time we are out somewhere. I have tried on numerous occasions to start potty training but then change my mind because it's just too much work. She is creeping up on 3 here people and she already knows that before she can start pre-school she has to "pee pee in the potty" but what does a 2 year old do when mom is standing in her way? One day-hopefully soon I will have the patience to take one week and work with her all week so that 11 1/2 years later we can finally be done with diapers.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wait until the summer when you don't have to go anywhere and she can just pee in the pool :)

Nic said...

Ugggg!!!! That's all I can say. Good luck though, aren't girls easier? Me, boy is peeing in potty, no poo though.