With Brett being in Seattle for training for his new job we decided that this would be the perfect opportunity for a little getaway for me. Besides, the hotel room was already paid for so we didn't have to worry about that and it was just for the weekend. Once I got looking into it we decided that airfare was just too expensive and it probably wasn't going to happen. One Sunday I just happened to be telling one of my neighbors this at Church-she had offered to watch my kids-when my visiting teacher piped in that she has a buddy pass that I could have. I felt a little guilty in accepting this just because I wasn't looking for a handout but she was totally genuine in offering this to me and I am eternally grateful to her for that. I was able to get a babysitter lined up for the weekend thanks to my neighbors who helped out and of course to Aunt Denice who took on four kids for three whole days.
The trip was awesome and Seattle is beautiful. It was so nice to have a kid free weekend although I will admit that I really missed them. Friday night we ate at this restaurant that sits out on top of the water. We sat out on what was probably a deck and were able to watch the ferry go in and out taking people across to an island. Watching the sunset over the water was amazing. The place was called Ivar's and yes it was a fish restaurant but Brett and I were able to get chicken. On Saturday we set out and spent the day in downtown Seattle. We visited Pike Place Market, The Space Needle and probably walked about 10 miles that day. On Sunday we played lazy and went to a movie. It was nice to be able to spend some quiet time together with no worries about getting back to the kids to get them into bed. Thanks babe for all you do for us. This weekend was awesome and I can't wait to do it again-hopefully soon. I love you!!!
2 comments:
Yeah for Brett!! He got a booty call from his wife :)
Sounds like a great trip! Lucky duck!
Post a Comment