
Where were you on September 11? This is a day that none of us will ever forget and I don't think I will ever forget what I was doing that morning. I had taken up residence on the couch due to the lovely snoring that was taking place beside me every night and the fact that my almost 7 month old baby boy was not yet sleeping through the night. This was before Brett got his breathing machine(I love you honey). For some reason I had the TV on and Brett had just come downstairs to head out to work for the day. I remember looking at the TV just as the 2nd plane hit the World Trade Center and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. At that time the people on the news were still under the impression that the 1st plane was a total random act but then the 2nd plane hit. Brett headed off to work only to be sent home early but I headed to my in-laws where we were glued to the TV for the rest of the day. I remember looking at the faces of my two baby boys and knowing that their world was forever changed. That night as we drove home the sky was so dark. We are used to seeing several planes at any moment lighting up the sky so it was sort of an eery feeling. I had a hard time sleeping that night and ended up in bed with my snoring husband. I have to admit that I was scared and didn't want to be alone.
Trevin and McKade were asking questions today about what happened and said that they had a moment of silence at school today. It's crazy to know that this is history that they will learn about one day while we lived in that very moment.
Thanks to all the men and women who have sacrificed for our freedom. Land of the free and home of the brave!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment