Last week McKade was chosen to receive the "Principal's Pride" award at school. They do it a lot differently than they did at their old school. They had a red carpet laid out and they called each child in one by one and explained why they were receiving the award and then they got their picture taken with the Principal. McKade was chosen because of his excellence in spelling. McKade is working on 3rd grade words right now and they are almost too easy for him. We hardly ever have to practice and he breezes right through every spelling test. I am so proud of both of my kids for working so hard in school. We have tried to work on teaching them the importance of getting a good education. This was part of my reason for choosing to send them to the Charter school next year. I have been increasingly frustrated with the public school system and the lack of flexibility when working with kids at different levels. Both of the schools that my kids have attended have failed the "No Child Left Behind" two years in a row and that scares me. I am hoping that the new school with work with their differences instead of using them against them. I am really excited to see the difference in Bryn who will start there next year too. She will start learning Spanish in Kindergarten. She is doing so well in Pre-school and I am glad that I found something that will work with her as well.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Principal's Pride
Last week McKade was chosen to receive the "Principal's Pride" award at school. They do it a lot differently than they did at their old school. They had a red carpet laid out and they called each child in one by one and explained why they were receiving the award and then they got their picture taken with the Principal. McKade was chosen because of his excellence in spelling. McKade is working on 3rd grade words right now and they are almost too easy for him. We hardly ever have to practice and he breezes right through every spelling test. I am so proud of both of my kids for working so hard in school. We have tried to work on teaching them the importance of getting a good education. This was part of my reason for choosing to send them to the Charter school next year. I have been increasingly frustrated with the public school system and the lack of flexibility when working with kids at different levels. Both of the schools that my kids have attended have failed the "No Child Left Behind" two years in a row and that scares me. I am hoping that the new school with work with their differences instead of using them against them. I am really excited to see the difference in Bryn who will start there next year too. She will start learning Spanish in Kindergarten. She is doing so well in Pre-school and I am glad that I found something that will work with her as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment